About the Show:
“Restaurants have a hard time telling their story, and I want to help them do that..”
– Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen, fondly known as the Hangry Pedaler NWA, traces his culinary journey back to his family roots. Born to first-generation immigrants who ran a nail salon, Joseph was exposed to a vibrant mix of cultures growing up.
His wife Nina played a significant role in broadening his culinary horizons, introducing him to a world beyond the usual comfort foods. With her encouragement, Joseph began exploring the food scene in Northwest Arkansas, setting off on a culinary adventure that would change his life.
In 2019, he started documenting his food experiences on Instagram. Through his engaging content, Joseph quickly became a beacon of information for food enthusiasts looking for fresh culinary experiences in the region.
Joseph doesn’t think of himself as a food critic; rather, he’s a passionate food lover. He enjoys sharing his discoveries and experiences with an ever-growing audience, transforming into a trusted guide for anyone seeking new food experiences in the region.
His journey is a testament to the power of shared experiences and the joy of discovering new cuisines. The Hangry Peddler NWA’s story is a vivid illustration of the pleasure of culinary exploration and the connection that can be found through the shared love of food.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Discover the best culinary delights tucked away in the corners of Northwest Arkansas.
- Get the inside scoop on restaurant favorites that have made a deep impression.
- Uncover the most raved-about wings and why they top the charts.
- Learn about a goldmine of delectable options recommended by fellow food enthusiasts.
- Understand the importance and ways of rallying behind local restaurants.
All this and more on this episode of the I am Northwest Arkansas podcast.
Important Links and Mentions on the Show*
Email Joseph Nguyen
- Follow Joseph Nguyen on Instagram – Find and follow Joseph on Instagram Hangrypedalernwa to stay up to date with his food recommendations and discoveries in Northwest Arkansas.
- Check out Gloss Nail Lounge – If you’re in the Northwest Arkansas area and in need of a manicure or pedicure, visit Gloss Nail Lounge, owned by Joseph’s sisters, Maya and Mimi. They are located in the same plaza as Whole Foods on North College in Fayetteville.
- Explore the Northwest Arkansas food scene – Take advantage of the growing food scene in Northwest Arkansas by trying out new restaurants and food trucks. Keep an eye on Joseph’s Instagram for recommendations and inspiration.
This episode is sponsored by*
*Note: some of the resources mentioned may be affiliate links. This means we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Connect more with I am Northwest Arkansas:
- Grab our Newsletter
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect With Our Facebook Page
- Connect With Our Twitter
- Connect With Our Instagram
- Connect With Our LinkedIn Page
- Join The Facebook Group
- Connect with our Fearless Host, Randy Wilburn on LinkedIn
Thank you for listening to this I am Northwest Arkansas podcast episode. We showcase businesses, culture, entrepreneurship, and life in the Ozarks.
Consider donating to our production team to keep this podcast running smoothly. Donate to I Am Northwest Arkansas