About the Show:
“It’s an opportunity to cherish the people around you. The only way you can really start to cherish people’s humanity is to engage with them. It may make you uncomfortable, and the only way to do that is to challenge yourself. And then that brings about true change.”
– Chris Seawood
In this episode, we delve into the essential nature of the NWA Martin Luther King Jr. Council and their weekend of celebrations around the birthday of Dr. King here in Northwest Arkansas. Showcasing a range of culturally engaging activities, these events aim to unite the community and honor Dr. King’s message. From community festivals to scholarship ceremonies and thought-provoking discussions—especially with the 1619 Projects Nikole Hannah-Jones, these activities offer an exciting way to explore Dr. King’s empowerment and shared humanity ethos.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Explore NWA MLK Council celebrations in Northwest Arkansas and discover the local impact of honoring Dr. King’s legacy.
- Understand the profound legacy of Dr. King and how it continues to shape our communities today.
- Uncover the array of events and activities available for MLK Day here in Northwest Arkansas, offering something for everyone in the community.
- Support the younger generation by learning about initiatives inspired by Dr. King’s values and teachings.
All this and more on this episode of the I am Northwest Arkansas podcast.
Important Links and Mentions on the Show*:
This episode is sponsored by*:
*Note: some of the resources mentioned may be affiliate links. This means we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Connect more with I am Northwest Arkansas:
- Grab our Newsletter
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect With Our Facebook Page
- Connect With Our Twitter
- Connect With Our Instagram
- Connect With Our LinkedIn Page
- Join The Facebook Group
- Connect with our Fearless Host, Randy Wilburn on LinkedIn
Thank you for listening to this episode of the I am Northwest Arkansas podcast. We showcase businesses, culture, entrepreneurship, and everyday people’s lives, making Northwest Arkansas what it is today.