About this Episode:
We sat down with Lauren Blanco, the Co-Founder, and CEO of Markham and Fitz Chocolate in Bentonville. Lauren shared her origin story and how she found success with making Chocolate.
- Hear how time spent in war-torn parts of West Africa introduced her to the Cocoa Bean.
- Learn how they developed the Markham & Fitz name – hint, they wanted a solid trademark.
- Discover how Lauren’s mom’s baking skills influenced her.
- Learn why Dark Chocolate is good for you and why Markham & Fitz uses organic ingredients simply to make their chocolate stand out in the crowded candy bar market. The higher the percentage of chocolate in a bar, the less sugar is involved.
- According to Lauren, the health benefits of chocolate started in bars with 70 percent or more chocolate.
You can visit their Dessert Bar and Cafe at the 8th St. Market in Bentonville to sample their goodies. You can also order their chocolate bars and confections online for delivery on their website – MarkhamandFitz.com.
And, if that is not enough on Friday afternoons, you can stop by the shop and try out new chocolate offerings before they release them to the public.
All this and more on this “SWEET” episode of I am Northwest Arkansas.
Important Links and Mentions on the Show*
Website for Markham & Fitz
Markham & Fitz on Instagram
Markham & Fitz on Facebook
Website for Onyx Coffee Lab
Mention the Discount Code: IAMNWA10 for 10 Percent off your Chocolate purchase online at Markham & Fitz.
This episode is sponsored by*
*Note: some of the resources mentioned may be affiliate links. This means we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Connect more with I am Northwest Arkansas:
- Grab our Newsletter
- Email Us at email@example.com
- Connect With Our Facebook Page
- Connect With Our Twitter
- Connect With Our Instagram
- Connect With Our LinkedIn Page
- Join The Facebook Group
- Connect with our Fearless Host, Randy Wilburn on LinkedIn
Thank you for listening to this I am Northwest Arkansas podcast episode. We showcase businesses, culture, entrepreneurship, and life in the Ozarks.
Consider donating to our production team to keep this podcast running smoothly. Donate to I Am Northwest Arkansas
Mentioned in this episode:
Signature Bank Commercial 2023 – GH