About the Show:
Today’s episode is all about Voter participation. While we don’t do Politics here at I am Northwest Arkansas, we talk about other ideas, and doing your civic duty to get out, and vote is one of them. We were recently asked by EngageNWA and the Northwest Arkansas Council to Moderate an event with local business leaders from Walmart, Tyson, and Kitestring, and the Arkansas Secretary of State, John Thurston, to discuss the Voting process and answer questions about the upcoming election season.
A couple of Key Facts:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020.
- The deadline for registering by mail to vote is (postmarked by) October 5, 2020.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) October 27.
- The early voting period runs from October 19, 2020 to November 2, 2020.
Important Links and Mentions on the Show*
Website for EngageNWA Voter Page
Website for Northwest Arkansas Council
Website for Secretary of State of Arkansas
Website for Walmart
Website for Tyson
Website for Kitestring
Website for Operation Vote Safe
Website for Time to Vote
Website for Arkansas Rock The Vote
Website for Walmart.com/Vote 2020
This episode is sponsored by*
Signature Bank of Arkansas “Community Banking at its Best!”
Northwest Arkansas Council – “Life Works Here!”
*Note: some of the resources mentioned may be affiliate links. This means we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Connect more with I am Northwest Arkansas:
- Grab our Newsletter
- Email Us at email@example.com
- Connect With Our Facebook Page
- Connect With Our Twitter
- Connect With Our Instagram
- Connect With Our LinkedIn Page
- Join The Facebook Group
- Connect with our Fearless Host, Randy Wilburn on LinkedIn
Thank you for listening to this I am Northwest Arkansas podcast episode. We showcase businesses, culture, entrepreneurship, and life in the Ozarks.
Consider donating to our production team to keep this podcast running smoothly. Donate to I Am Northwest Arkansas
Mentioned in this episode:
Signature Bank Commercial 2023 – GH